Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Body part match up?

I am wondering which body panels, doors etc. that the 78-81 Brat shares in common with the sedans and wagons. With old Ford Rancheros, I know that the rear quarters are the same as the wagon, but not the sedan. I am wondering if there is similar interchanges now that I am in the Subaru game and needing spare parts. I do know that the front fenders and hood interchange, but don't know about doors, glass, tailgates, or rear quarters. Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

For your Brat the 2door car doors work and are an improvement for safety given the side impact rail within the door that does not exist in your Brat's. Makes the door more heavy , not sure if hinges are different. Glass must be from the Brat.

Front valance is shared only with the 4WD wagon

Windshields are the same all cars except the Coupe has "longer" corners up top. Seats , dashboard ,etc. all about the same except only the Brat and 4WD have the "4WD" in the cluster. GF model has tachometer , as do some GL's - grab the disty too.

Enjoy! Sorry we neglected your post.