Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Get to scrap another GL.. Now what should I take?

I have my ea82 wagon and my buddies sending his to the junk yard :(.. But hes letting me take anything (Within reason) off of it... I'm already eying the cv axels, rear diff, exhaust. But I'm just wondering if theres some Gem that I should grab real fast haha

grab the y pipe, the yards cut em up. how are the rear struts? (i need some lol). grab the 02 sensor and any other sensors you can come up with. snag the clock, then resolder it. does it have a high-rise center console? center caps. just a few ideas. RV

grab the y pipe, the yards cut em up. how are the rear struts? (i need some lol). grab the 02 sensor and any other sensors you can come up with. snag the clock, then resolder it. does it have a high-rise center console? center caps. just a few ideas. RV

Pretty sure whatever struts you have are better than the ones that this car has haha, I can check for you though if you still want... And yeah those were great ideas, thanks! What is it with the clocks that makes them crap out all the time?

I have a random question for you guys. My car is 4wd whereas this car is Awd. My question is, if I take the rear diff from the Awd car and put it on my 4wd car, will (If the gear ratios are the same) the 4wd car be able to drive in 4 at higher speeds with less stress on the transmission? I'm pretty much a complete noob with cars just trying to work my brain out a little bit here haha

Nope rear diffs are the same (except for the ratios) the diference Is 4wd has a locked center diff and awd has an open or limited slip center diff.

Wait so that means that if I go EJ22 and keep my same tranny I wont be able to Awd?

It's gone :( But I got CVs, Headlights so I can do the projector setup :), Corner markers, Fuel Filter, Alternator, Cat, Starter, Radiator, New fan, New Rim and Tire. Both engines were ea82 '89 spfi... Mines a wagon 4wd manual, this was an 4wd auto with a pushbutton.