Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got my car sunk in water and fried the ECU. It would run on 2 cylinders finally determined that it was the ECU. so I put one from an Outback in it.

It started and idled at ~2k then would drop to 1200rpm and the check eng would come on with a P1507. and it would run rough. tried two different ignition modules and same problem. then I decided to take the IAC off and clean it and put the cone that goes behind it in there(I forgot it when assembling the engine). Then still did the same. so I took the top of the IAC off and messed with it a bit. now it doesn't idle and if it does it idles at ~450-500rpms....tried messing with it more and adjusting it and it wont change the idle.

I NEED MY SUBIE RUNNING AGAIN! i miss it.

any advice is helpful.

thanks

Edited by 89ChevondaSI

Well after messing with things and trying to get it running i can get it to idle all weird. But iv found out it needs a cylinder 1 injector. It is stuck open. It runs better with a vaccum leak. Then it also is running really rich. I have power and ground to it. Then I can't hear it with an extension like the others. And it runs the same plugged in or not.

igniter ? i get the wire harness and sensers wet on race buggy all the time most afected are mas air senser tps and idle moter the injector pulse for #1 cly is run through the idle moter to give it pulse so if idle moter problems will directly afect cly 1s performance iv.e even had to disasemble the ecu and wash the mud out still works fine after electroinics are very tough on subarus