Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick tire question for Lego

the 94 legacy has the same suspension and clearences as the 95 - 96. and both of those years will handle the 97 GT 205/55/16.

the issue however is that the tire you spec-ed is .1 inch larger than the GT tire. this is .05 inch larger in radius. this is a very small amount, so i would say yes it will fit. but i'm not %100 sure.

i take it that you found a deal on the 195/65/15 ?

assuming you are not buying these new from a tire store, i would mount one and install it on the car with weight on it. then stick your finger in between the tire and the spring perch. if there is more is room you are ok. usually the rear clearance is tighter than the front. the front usually comes into play with wider tires that rub when turning.

your speedo will be off. you will be driving faster than the speedo says, about 2.3 mph. so be careful.

How much clearance do you have between your existing tires and the strut lower spring seat? I ran the numbers through a graphic tiresize calculator and it showed, that at least nominally, the 165 tire would be about 3/4" taller than the 160 tire, so it would decrease your strut spring seat clearance by about 3/8". So it will be a little tighter.