Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stereo/Glass question regarding lots of bass

Anyone blown out a piece of glass in their sooby from too much bass?   I've cracked windshields in my loyale with my old W7 12 with a lot smaller amp but I think that happened window frame got tweaked from years of offroad abuse and the stereo just finished it off.  The back window is a rubber lip in, so it actually allows the entire piece of glass to move slightly.   I'm wondering how the newer cars are with the glue in rear glass?  The loyale is a flat piece of glass, so I imagine its stronger than the curved glass?  The quarter glass is strong stuff, I've hit those with a hammer before and they didnt break.   This was all on the older style cars though.  

I know its one of those questions where no one can say I guarantee those windows won't break.  I would hate to shatter that rear window so I'm just looking for people who have broke out glass from too high of SPL inside the cab.   I know the door glass lets sound pressure out from the lack of upper door frame, but the car still seems fairly air tight.  

System is:

a Rockford Fosgate T2 2 ohm dual voice coils running @ 1 ohm

2 Farad Cap

0 Gauge for all power/grounds

1700 Watt Class D Mono Hiphonics Amp

and a lot of money in dynomat in the roof and rear gate.  A lot of the plastic trim has been removed as well and I will be covering that with Sound deadner to help seal it up more and stop metal reverb.  

lol in my lifted Outback.  My theory is if I get stuck, at least I got some jammin tunes to listen to til the slow driving solid axle boys show up to rescue me

I had two of the high grade 15" audiobahn subs and a 3200w class d mono block I think it was a boss amp, I really don't remember it's been 10 years since I was into the big audio stuff, in the back of a Brighton legacy wagon, db'd 153 on the meter the club had at the time. My glass never suffered, couldn't keep that torx bit screw for the mirror tight though lol

I hate that damn torx screw in the mirror.  I've tried red locktite and it still rattles loose lol.  basically everything in the from the front seats back are going to have dynomat on it.  I'm leaving the headliner in since it helps take out some of the roof rattle.  

I look at it as a self cleaning car too.  I get it muddy, let the mud dry and crank up the dubstep.  Let the mud bounce off lol

the windshield will be the only thing to crack.....other than that, youll break the hatch hinges or wear the hatch latch til it breaks

im BIG into car audio and have yet to see a broken back window.....specially in a soob. Plenty of subarus out there with a couple 18"s to like 4-6 12"s or 15"s on gobs of power.

i wouldnt worry about it