Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lock and Key Issues

All of this is on a 1983 GL wagon.

The car came with two keys, one was quite worn, the other was not. I stuck the worn key in the ignition to unlock the column, which it did.

The ignition is now stuck in the On position, the key will not move it in either direction. The worn key can also be pulled out, but the nice key will not go in. What should I do to get the ignition back to the Off position?

Second, is the gas filler door supposed to unlock with the ignition key? I can't even get the ignition key to enter the keyway.

Last of all, I also need one of the locking rings for the door lock cylinders. Any idea as to where could I find one of those?

put the worn key back in and jiggle it while turning it backwards. everything else i cant help with unfortunatey  

I was able to get the ignition off doing this!

Out of desperation I tried picking the filler door lock with a dental pick, and it somehow worked. I took off the lock until I find/make a key for it.

I still need to find a clip for the lock cylinder.

I was able to get the ignition off doing this!

Out of desperation I tried picking the filler door lock with a dental pick, and it somehow worked. I took off the lock until I find/make a key for it.

I still need to find a clip for the lock cylinder.

Is this the door lock cylinder? I believe the little clips may be color coded for left or right. I would think one frm a later model or even another brand may fit. Good luck