Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Compared to other cars, the airflow in my 95 Legacy L Wagon seems very weak. I replaced the AC compressor so the cooling works fine, but I feel like even on the highest setting it maybe moves half the air that other cars do.

From what I read there is not a cabin air filter, but is there an intake or something that gets clogged? Also there is a quiet sound connected to the vent speed, so I'm thinking something may be stuck in the motor? How hard are these to get to?

Right could be leaves and other crud possibly in the blower area, I think people have had that happen before. I think the airflow should be comparable to other vehicles. I have a '96 Legacy and with the blower on hi and set to the dash vents it moves pretty good air, definitely comparable with any other vehicle I've driven. So I think right maybe you have something blocking yours. When you put the fan setting on the max setting it should not have the blower motor resistor in the circuit so that should not be the issue.

Blower motor is under the dash on the passenger side kinda behind the glove box. You may have to remove the glove box to get it out, I don't remember exactly.

The intake for the blower motor is the grating in the wiper cowl just at the top of the hood. (Passenger side) You can look down into the open area below the cowl with a flash light to check for leaves and dirt. Have to remove the wiper arms and the cowl cover to get access to clean it out.

Edited by Fairtax4me