Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ANYBODY know anything about ignition wires?

I have recently put an aftermarket ignition in my 93 loyale because the previous owner has messed it up badley and I don't have the money to buy a new part so I went aftermarket. I have it working fine but theres a red/black wire that was marked R one the original ignition and when ever it gets power it reves it up to 2100rpm were it should be when its cold and warming up but it wont kick back down to 1100rpm were it idels when warm, what does this wire do??? and were should it go?? I could really use a diagram if anyone has one. thanks.  

probably the only place to get a wiring diagram for that model is in one of the Chilton manuals.  You might find a copy online, if not, a library would be a good choice.  

If you're palnning to keep the car and work on it into the future, I think owning a manual would be a good investment.

so in aftermarket adjustment if there isn't a provision I'd assume connecting it to the starter solenoid would do the trick as it is an easy source for cranking only power. I'm still learning these cars so I don't know if there is a better place in the ignition wiring tract that would be a cleaner install. but if it's cold start enrichment and it works at the solenoid at least you'd have it sorted out until you can find a better tie in point.

• 2 weeks later...