Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

johnw

His sedan seem somewhat reliable to me even with the ea82t in it. He was at my place yesterday and it runs really good with the 250k on it. The sedan is not a awd version so it doen't have diff lock but it has the 5 speed dual range transmission with a 3.7 lsd. I peronaly like the coupes over the sedans just because of looks. Parts are going to be hard to find for the coupe though  i haven't seen one in the u-pull-it since i've been going but have seen 5 or 6 sedans and a ton of wagons.

His sedan seem somewhat reliable to me even with the ea82t in it. ...

Yes I know the EA82T could be reliable if you take care of all the Rubber Hoses, etc... but I wrote that because at Facebook, he wrote this:

IT HAS 144K TDO4 TMIC BOOST CONTROLLER PUSHING 15LBS OF BOOST

So, when I posted that, I was wondering about reliability and that setup on a EA82T ... I knew his sedan is Turbo too, but I bet it ran lower boost all these years.

Kind Regards.

The rx trim in a sedan is more rare, but the coupe body as a whole is the most rare ea82 body. I have a coupe, and i would fancy a sedan, but i have had gl sedans, and the coupe has the cool factor for my taste.

I would base my decision on if the guy who is trading appreciates your car equally. Either or is the same car minus the specific traits of the coupe.

In regards to the insurance remark, and with my forester, the insurance classifies it as an SUV making the rate ore than an impreza which is the same platform, so i could see insurance begging to differ with body styles of the same platforms

• Like 1

My very first RX was an '88 sedan 5-speed with power everything, very convenient especially if you like 4 doors...then I have owned 2 more RX's both of them '87 coupes. (As for the '88 sedan, ex-girlfriend somehow managed to get it impounded for illegal parking, then auctioned off by the city while I was travelling overseas in 2003 but that is a story for another day).As other senior board members have said:depends on the state of the other car you are trading for...also,what you prefer,also your present stage in life...if you need a 4-door for daily driving practicability(maybe drop off the kids and such stuff),keep the sedan. If still a single person(or kids are grown/have their own cars), the coupe will do just as well.If you have good $$, I say keep the sedan and buy the coupe.After all is said and done, both cars have their appeal plus advantages.It all comes down to your needs,preferences and ability.My preference is the coupe,any day. My insurance stayed the same :)!

Edited by kaki
  • Like 1

the reason the kid wanted to get rid of it was it had a vibration so he replaced all 4 cv axles. wheel bearings,lower ball joints and tie rods and when he put one strut on he didnt tighten the bolt that hold the hub to it and it wobbled really bad and he didnt know what to look for so i drove 200 miles away with mine and traded then i used his tools to fix the wobble and i was on my way. :) its rust free also and the sedan had alot of rust.. but the vibration he was feeling was a ujoint going out so i have to replace that.. and i turned the boost down to 9 lbs here is a pic of it all clean 

post-49757-0-87369000-1387943057_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnw