Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T dies on hard and extended right turns

Okay I need help with this, I've done what I can for troubleshooting without tearing it apart.

I have a slew of problems I'm fixing but every time I take a hard right or an extended right turn the car begins to sputter and 9/10 times it dies and it will restart if i turn the ignition on and off.  Given that this car has such a... extensive... record of grenading engines and fueling issues, I don't want to replace the turbo and radiator to end up being stuck with a blown engine from leaning out a week later.

Thanks, if anyone can help.

That's what I'm thinking or maybe the sock on the pump is clogged? I can't really get any readings atm because I got the turbo and radiator pulled, It might be a while too because I'm making a custom downpipe at work (MAPerformance) for it.

Front filter I replaced in September I doubt that's an issue. Injectors have never been touched but that's going to be a consistent issue if that's the issue. I'm feeling like it's going to be the pump more and more by the minute...

However, The downpipe is $70+materials. I have a friend in fab department making some but if people want them enough when I'm done we might add Em on our site for a bit more. Everything is built to order anyway.

check your intake pipe from maf to turbo. when mine was bad it would do things like this

Mine is pretty rough looking, I was going to look into making a hardlined one but if I can find an OEM one that isn't brittle and hard I would go for that too.

Is pump stock? I could hear my pump humming louder when it started going out, and it made it run bad and sputter while under boost

You think you could do shipping on a DP once you know total cost for materials and all? What diameter of pipe are you using for it

Yeah, I could talk to the boss and see what we can do about that, I'm not even sure if we will even sell it yet. I was thinking a short run or something idk yet. But as far as the fuel pump goes, it could be that, The car is open downpipe so I cant hear the pump all that well but its damn near 30 years old so tbh I would be surprised if it wasn't on its last legs.

I meant when you first turn key on and the pump pressurizes the lines. I noticed mine started getting louder then, and then it started running bad, but I never had a way to check fuel pressure.

I have open downpipe too (: love the sound of these EA82Ts!!

And never heard of that surge tank setup, I'm gonna look into that