Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jump seats mounting frame

Been awhile since I have posted, been piecing my 79 BRAT together, is in pretty good shape but needed some minor stuff.

Last summer when I bought it someone actually had a pair of old jump seats sitting around and gave them to me.

I know a lot of people make their own mounting frames for the jump seats, but I rarely find spare time and actually live in a different state that I garage it, so even rarer for me to get to it.

Was wondering if they are to come by? And will different gen's swap?

If they are hard to come by? I guess that depends. I got my first set of seats with no frame. It took me over a year to find a frame. After that I kept finding them all the time. And a gen 2 frame is the same. Only thing different about the Gen 2 is the headrests. The mounting holes are not in the same place.

They come up once in awhile on eBay and Craig's list (and here, of course) but you just have to be ready with cash and be willing to spend it. When I see them I try to post them here so you guys/gals all know about it. 

I had to buy a 2nd seat of seats (which were junk) in order to get the frame. But, now I have exactly what I want. 

Edited by scole665