Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Complete 4WD Axles

I bought EMPI new axles a few years ago. Ever remanufactured axle I have bought lasted around a year or less. One returned at the counter before I even left the store. Had come apart inside the boot.  Had another clicking when installed right out of the box. I don't remember the name but there is another company also making new axles for a reasonable price. I think EMPI is sold under a different name but you may still be able to find one or a pair if you google. Make sure your motor mounts and transmission mounts are good will help them last a lot longer.

Empis are much beefier, and are 100% new.  Nothing is reman.

I woudnt use anything else.  And dont.  :)

Only suggestion is to paint the axle shafts before installing.  They are raw oiled steel.  I made the mistake of not painting mine and they rusted up fast.

ea65.jpg

Edited by Idasho

Thanks all of you. I have cv joint wheel side NKN Japan, but the ones that goes gear box side are which I need.

Engine and gearbox mounts are Brand new Subaru genuine.

If your CV joint is OK then you can just replace the DOJ at the gearbox end. Yes it is messy thanks to all the grease but with the right tools, new boots, bands and grease it only takes around 20 minutes to rebuild them (once they are out of the car of course!). NKN is original equipment for Subaru too.