Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The elusive hunt for a new EA71 water pump!

xgfvkl.jpg

So in the midst of getting my brat running I noticed coolant seeping out of the weep hole on the bottom. Well in my naivety I thought i'll just order a new one. Holy crap it has turned into something else! Here is a pic of the one I need. I will post pics of the ones I have and the mystery one. :)

Remember that there are Two different kinds of EA71, the Mere EA71 which is the oldest one, also known as "Slim Case" and the Newer one, known as "Fat Case" EA71, which is basically talking, an EA81 with small bore.

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/138580-ea71-water-pump-correct-application/

I bet you obtained the wrong one...

Kind Regards.

ive was a professional mechanic for 20 years,and a part time builder/fabricator  (drag cars/ off road racers )since 2006.. ive spent more time on places rockauto and at autozone then ever before... theses little cars arent the easiset cars to find parts for... the learning curve is pretty steep.

2nlqs7n.jpg

This thing looked so old and funky, we couldn't even find any info on it at the parts store.

The problem that I had with ordering one was there was no specifying wide block or top starter mount and I've never even been to rockauto.com before but maybe I will now haha. Thanks guys!

They're on eBay all the time. When I saw this threads title it was hard to conceive since I see them , the correct type for you and me , all the time.

There is a Beck Arnley on there I am watching for kicks. It's like under $40 shipped. Hard to pass up.

Good luck.