Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying NOT to cry over smashed XT.

I have an XT that is for sale, 86 2WD 5 speed, runs like a champ. Looks great on the outside (Slight dent in the back bumper, but I can pop it out) and the back seat is torn, but other than that it is a very nice car. Make me an offer :-)

As for the dumb $%*%* in the Caddy.. Sue 'em for every penny they;'ve got for negligence.....

glad you're OK... go over COMPLETED AUCTIONS in ebay, see if there's any good XT's that have sold recently.

register on xt6.org 's forum, ask for details of sales.

go thru the local papers and car-for-sale publications.

you want verifiable records of what these cars have sold for. also good are cars for sale that haven't sold yet, but actual final sale price is the best for you to collect. the closer to where you live the better.

if you've done any maintenance to your car, and the work/parts are under warrantee, that should be reflected in what you're offered for your car.

If you can't find any for sale near you (to replace yours) then tell the insurance company that you expect them to pay for transporting your next XT.

insurance companies fight dirty so take off your gloves! and good luck.

The only reason I brought that up was, I wanted to point out the "other side" of the colision issue on where this tread was going.

I'm a working stiff. I don't have $100,000.00 around. We get these sue happy people dragging people like me into court. My concern what happens when the suit is over your insurance limits??? Are my wages going to be garnished forever? Is everything I ever worked for up for auction?

It aint right!

My suit isn't over yet and now I have found out that the girl I ran into was in a wreck two years after that. So who's fault is all that "pain and suffering"?

There is some good news.....I found out that my policy limits were $250,000.00 so at least I won't loose any personal assets. I have since bumped my policy to a 1 mil umbrella.

One final note,........................I like the Black Lotus!:D

Hey Hondasucks.....how much do figure shipping would be from Oregon to Virginia? Baccaruda, thanks for those tips. I will do more research like you suggest. Sweet 82, glad you are personally covered. I bet that person is sueing both you and the other person in the later wreck. Hmmmm....wonder if that is the lawyer's idea? They see $$$$signs because of their cut of the compensation.

Hopefully I will know this week what insurance (they are paying for rental car) comes up with on the XT to see if I am going to have to fight..........

Linda

Go online and get some quotes, I have absolutely no idea how much it would cost, but if I had to guess I'd say anywhere from 500 to 1500 dollars. The last time I looked at auto transport, it was for a 94 Geo Prizm from Van Nuys, CA to Albany, OR and it ranged from 400 to 900...

Hi Linda, you're welcome. I had good results getting a little more $ when someone totalled a car of mine a while ago by doing that stuff. I've half a mind to start casually tracking that info for my brat just in case.

I'm sure that you will be able to find another nice XT through the resources and people on this board. good luck!