Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will I need different camber bolts?

I did a 96 Legacy with Outback struts and king springs lift springs. That was many years back so I'm trying to remember for sure, but the rear I think the factory bolts didn't allow any camber adjustment. I think it it was sitting like +30 or +40 with the outback struts and king springs. So I used a fast cam bolt on each side in the rear to get close to zero. Zero might not have been optimal it was just easier to set to zero. The fronts I believe I was still able to get zero or slightly negative with the stock bolt but it was at the very limit of its adjustability.

Yeah the camber bolts are what I'm trying to figure out. The guy at primitive said I'd need two camber bolts for 1.3 inches with raised springs and two more camber bolts with 1/2 spacers to achieve 1.75 inch lift. I'm not sure what to do with only two camber bolts. It just needs to be ready at alignment or will cost more $$. I thought both the bolts at the bottom of the strut were camber bolts but I can remember now.

Stock is on the front, the top bolt only is the eccentric bolt for camber. The bottom bolt is just a normal bolt. In the rear I'm pretty sure stock is just two normal bolts, i.e. no allowance for rear camber adjustment stock on the mcpherson setup. Though one or two fast camber bolts can be used to make it adjustable. The fast cam bolts I didn't have any trouble with but some people have had issues with them slipping or I think snapping if they're overtorqued. So the place you are getting them from, if they are saying two fast cam bolts, then that is either for the rear, one on each side, or it is for replacing the factory eccentric bolt on the top front one per side if the the fast cam bolts have more adjustment, or it is for replacing the normal lower bolt on the front with a fast cam bolt so you can get more adjustment (also keeping the top factory eccentric bolt).

I think I understand now. I must need two fast cam bolts for the rear if I add the half inch blocks. I'm not going to use the blocks after all so I'll only need the front two. From what I can tell at least. Ha-ha

Thanks for info. What stock size and what would I need? Seems like 14 mm would be stock and 15 is outback size?