Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help, XT-6 owners!!

Hey all, I'm haveing alittle trouble with me Brat, I've finally gotten down to putting in an O2 sensor, but don't know where to wire it. All my scematics show different colored wires than the ones I have available, and I'm not ripping into the harness to find it from the computer. I think that my harness is from an 89 or 90.

But if you could take a picture of the PLUG that the O2 plugs into, preferable the harness side of it, but if you don't want to pull it apart thats fine, I can work off what I can see. Greatly appreciated!!!

Well, this bites, got a pic from the Xt board, but didn't do any good. When I was looking at my harness, I found like 5 wires that didn't have ends on them, they were cut about 3 inches from where they poked outa the loom!!! 4 are black!!!! and I think that the 02 wire is black! Don't have any of my schematics here, but will double check tmarrow, so looks like I'm in for some fun!! Oh well, I have a foolproof plan that will work if I can't figure it out from the schematic!

Okay, I forgot to take a picture this morning when I got off my 12 hour shift at work, but I did look under my hood tonight, before I came back to work.

My O2 sensor has only 1 wire, it goes into a balck, 1 position connector, which mates with another black 1 position connector, which has a yellow wire coming out of it. This wire is all by it's self, until it enters the black plastic loom, between the 2 big harnesses that lead to the engine. The yellow wire goes into the loom, heading twords the firewall.

I also noticed that I have 2 connectors, each with about 5 positions, just hanging loose from the same loom.

I will write myself a note so I remember to take a picture when I get home.

RedLance