Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I have a friend who I just built an 04 Forrester for. Some may recall the thread of the JDM motor going in there. So the kid gets the car and drives it for about ten days. Here in the north east we've had some bad rain over the last week or so and today, while  the kid was following my friend ( his dad) to a shop to get the car professionally detailed and all  the kid hydroplaned into the back of the dads CRV.

Dad calls me up and wants to know if I can fix the car, and I know a lot depends on what I see when I actually look at the car tomorrow. My question is if I strip the entire fenders lights bumper etc off a 98 that I have here can I use those to repair the car. I have the both headlight metal panels that go behind the actual headlights and upper rad support new from the 98.. can we make this all fit and work?

Edited by RustyBob

Forester series - body parts are likely not swappable between series:

SF (part of VIN): 1998-2002 -  'facelift' in 2001. Rear hatch and front-end parts changed.

SG: 2003-2008  -  'facelift' in 2007.

SH: 2009-20013 -  Major body, interior, suspension, upgrades.

SJ: 2014-

See cars101.com for more info, specs, pics

Edited by wtdash