Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Saw a Brat!

I saw my first real live Brat today! I was biking around and heard this loud car pull up at the intersection. It was a silver brat, with cap. It was loud and running sh*tty, bad enough that I didn't recognise it as a subaru engine. It didn't look too rusty, but wasn't cleaned. I'm exicited because I have only seen 1 3-door like mine around and 1 Brat in this area ever. Everyone has wagons. Pity this brat didn't go to a more caring and deserving person. :dead:

Probably a bad exhaust gasket, typical of Subarus or second choice for crappy exhaust problem would be a Y-pipe with a hole in it right where the weld was. No biggie. Besides rust, that is why people look down upon Subarus. Because if they are rusted they look like sh*t and when the exhaust gets the slightest leak they definately sound like sh*t. (Happens more often in our little cars than most, I guess it's a design flaw of some sort)