Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 5MT into EA81 Brumby grumble

jono

Seems half of us believe rod and levers need cutting to fit EA82 box into EA81 body

I have done twice retaining its levers from donor and only needed to trim the floor hole so thinking what the?

To keep EA81 console EA81 levers have been uI think ed and i think these are the ones getting lever and rod cuts

Now just tried fitting EA82 awd box to replace EA82 5MT DR and flipping levers demand a bigger hole in the floor. The awd box must be longer from front to lever mounting

Odd thing is my first awd box - the levers fitted just the stay rod bolt hole needed shifting

Sorted. A little patience, marker and jigsaw.... The mount on rear for the stay bar that goes up to mount to underside trans tunnel has different spacing to non awd box and mount has studs not holes in back of box

Box is sweet. Test drive revealed stupid forgot to tighbut rear of alternatot 8 mm nut, fit fans earth wire to switch, wait for coolant to settle and suffered a massive intake backfire due to carbon brush chewing out inside dist cap ! Then no start. Lucky iI had toolbox with me containing spare cap only fifty houses from home too !!

20 metre wide blocks -just depends which way you look though, to walk home ( in disgrace mind you) just gets me to the edge of town ...one house block either way and it is grazing land for both native freeloaders and landowners stock of choice. Its just a dodgy neighbourhood !!

It sports my 24 mm design front sway bar to just clear the box and turbo exhaust when all that goes in

Wet weather is when overconfident subject drivers lose it

This box is to give her a level grip when asked of.

Dippery sliff is next 

Edited by Steptoe

Not pulling that box out or apart again! No got a rear LSD to test....came out of my former Shannon's insurance managers former RX....starting to wonder if it is any good after remembering his driving prowess ...her hee

Edited by Steptoe