Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! Power steering pump replacements all have an extra port

My car: 1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton 1.8L

Hoping someone can make sense of this.  I am attempting to change my pump out as it's leaking and thought it would be a simple remove/install.  However, after 2 wrong ps pumps from Advance Auto, I'm in a bind.  So, my original pump has (2) connections (one for return and one for high-pressure side).  The replacement pumps have both had the provisions for what looks to be a relief valve and plug tapped in the side with the holes machined in that port.  After putting everything back together, of course fluid sprayed out that new provision.  My original pump does not have those provisions and is just a closed orifice on the side (see pictures).  Looking at my options and I don't really like them and hoping someone can chime in with their intelligence:

OPTION 1: Get my pump back from Advance and send it off to have it rebuilt. ($75)

OPTION 2: Buy an OEM pump from Subaru ($300!!!)

OPTION 3: Attempt to find a relief valve and plug for the rebuilt pump and seal my new mystery ports.

OPTION 4: Find a rebuilt model that does not have the pressure relief holes drilled.

original.jpg

rebuilt.jpg

Found a solution.  Crazy, but looked at pictures online and found the 1997 Impreza Brighton to be the same as my original part except for the high psi connection; and they had it in stock.  Bought it, swapped the inlet port fitting and installed.  Took it for a 10 mike trip today and fine.