Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cupid must have gotten drunk...

Sad to say, it happened. After all these years of looking at XT/XT6s and thinkin "what kind of dope was the designer smokin", I have been bitten and now I can't shake it. I have had my eye on an `88 XT6 AWD AT and I think I am gonna have to buy it, despite the problems they are known to have. I can deal with the probs (air suspension, oil leaks, etc.) but is there something I am missing about this car that may make me change my mind? It is black, no rust, 90k on the ticker, clean looking underhood (well-maintained) and the owner wants $1500 obo.

Yes... I must say that the ER27 is one of the smoothest motors I have ever heard. The air shocks all work fine, but I know how that goes. The stock radio is gon with a big void in it's place. I don't know if the housing is cracked. Interior is near flawless, but the rear decals and trunk stripe are faded.

is there something I am missing about this car that may make me change my mind? It is black, no rust, 90k on the ticker, clean looking underhood (well-maintained) and the owner wants $1500 obo.

90K I would buy it. I have seen way worse XTs going for more. My local junk yard wants over $400 to get just the 5 lug set up.They seems to think XTs are priceless.I think they are tring to work me for more money. I have heard the air suspention fails eventually but legacys use the same front strut so easy fix.

Only bad thing I noticed. I have only drove one XT6 and , I was not impressed by the power. It might have needed a tune up. It did have a cool feature, an on the fly rear LSD button.

Thanks. I did a search over the weekend and was all over that site... lots `o helpful info there. I would really like to get it and lift it a little (maybe 2") and use it as a serious auto-crosser or rally car, but it seems like it would make an awesome daily driver for commutes. I love my TS, but a boosted engine sucks for city driving and kills my wallet at the pumps.

i would bet it has a lsd, but the guy explaining it didnt understand. so he meand diff lock, but it must have lsd if he mentioned it. score for rarity. i say its a good deal

Opps, that's what the guy tring to sell it told me. sorry to get off the topic but, to clearify center diff , Does that balance power front to rear ?