Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 Subaru GL Wagon FWD w/ 5 spd & 255,000 miles

amarine1

So, here is my (new to me) 1984 Subaru GL Wagon FWD w/ 5 spd & 255,000 miles. I just drove over 2,000 miles from Yakima, Washington to Illinois. It will not be used at all during the winter (due to the salt used here) and I got it here just in time before the first snow.

I have a local body shop, who has seen the car & normally wouldn't touch any rust on any car (as they cannot warranty the work).... but in my case - they are making an exception. It helps that Ketone Colors' HQ is here in Huntley (so we can source/match the original paint).

My goal is to have the rust re-mediated during the next summer (a great father/son project). My family (especially my brother, the Mustang aficionado) does not understand my yearning for a decent GL/"Leone". He had his own '81 DL 4x4 4 speed (which he called "the beast") back in 1997.... but he thinks they are now a waste of time.

Ideally, I wish I had a 4x4, but beggers can't be choosers. If there is anyone out there in Subaru Land who would like to trade their 4x4 (1980 - 1991) for my Fwd, I would actually consider it. In the interim, it literally is begging to look like new again. And I'm the idiot who will do it.<_<

84SubaruGL01.jpg

84SubaruGL02.jpg

84SubaruGL03.jpg

84SubaruGL04.jpg

84SubaruGL05.jpg

84SubaruGL06.jpg

84SubaruGL07.jpg

84SubaruGL09.jpg

84SubaruGL011.jpg

84SubaruGL012.jpg

Edited by amarine1
Fix sentences.