Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea-81 porformace cams???

i have heard of delta cams, never called them yet, but RAM is a joke. they want $1800 for a stock long block, thats crazy. there has got to be a better way to buy performance parts then those guys. then they was like 6g's for a complete 140hp motor. out of there mind i'll just spend a couple bucks and do the ej22 conversion i really want.........................

They aren't as crazy as you think. Their engines are built for Aircraft not cars. An EJ engine is too heavy, and timing belts are NOT GOOD for a flying machine. RAM has a market sector that can support them at those prices, and when it's pay $7k for a tested, guaranteed, reliable engine or plummet 5,000 feet to certain death..... well.... you be the judge.

GD

i have heard of delta cams, never called them yet, but RAM is a joke. they want $1800 for a stock long block, thats crazy. there has got to be a better way to buy performance parts then those guys. then they was like 6g's for a complete 140hp motor. out of there mind i'll just spend a couple bucks and do the ej22 conversion i reall

New HP Cam and Lifter Kit (lifters exchange)....$248.95

y want.........................

New HP Cam and Lifter Kit (lifters exchange)....$248.95

New Camshaft only..Hydrolic or solid............$195.00

Regrind yours...................................$130.00

This is from //www.ramengines.com

and if i regrind my own with delta if i understand correctly its like 60 a piece, there local. 250 on some lifters and a cam on my soob is not worth it i spent about that on my 69 chev p/u now thats worth it...........

I'm not one to point things out but let's back up for a second.

Start with an easy one.

1.The word your looking for is performance, not porformace.

2.Try using the search function, it's your friend. Qman even did some leg work for you. Knowledge is power.

3. General Disorder gave good info and you come back with a dig. nice.

4. A not so subtle crack about Subarus not being worth spending 300.00 to make them better. Ah, did you notice the name of the website your perusing?

My apologies to the board for the conduct, but it had to be done.

Jay

and if i regrind my own with delta if i understand correctly its like 60 a piece, there local. 250 on some lifters and a cam on my soob is not worth it i spent about that on my 69 chev p/u now thats worth it...........

First of all... your EA81 (ALL EA81s) has only ONE cam, so it would be cheaper than say an EA82 cam regrind.

Second, and most important, I merely gave the guy a website that had performance parts for an EA81. It really doesn't matter that the website is based on airplane motors, IT IS STILL AN EA81! With their products, your motor will probably make the HP/TQ at a higher rpm, but it will still make the power. Period. He did not specify if he was looking for low-end or top-end power.

If someone wants to pay top dollar for good parts, let them be... it's their choice.