Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No power to 1987 ecu

makermk

I have been working on my 1987 GL off and on for a couple years. It was running and driving fine until one day it up and died. To make a very long story short I'll tell you what I have done and what I have discovered. It ran on occasion, without rhyme or reason, then would refuse to start again. When it would run it ran perfectly. I have checked fuel pump and pressure, MAF, SPFI, spark, spark plugs, coil, cap, rotor distributor, and timing. I have changed out the ignition switch and ECU. Nothing has worked. After doing more research and reading I found out that the ecu has an LED that should light up when power is getting to the ECU. I have just checked and the LED is dark when I try and crank the engine over.

Somy question is can anyone help me with tracing down power for my ECU? Please type slowly and use small words, when it comes to the mechanical issues of vehicles I'm fairly competent. Electrical is a different matter entirely. Electricity might ask well be magic, and DC the harder version of it.

Any help would be most appreciated.