Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight

Hey Soobies:

I got my 86 AWD DR Wagon through the New Jersey Safety/Emissions test EXCEPT for: need new Gas cap, 1 Windshield Wiper and I have a chip in the front left Headlight lense allowing moisture in.icon9.gif I need to replace it.

Where is the cheapest place to get one in NJ. or by online ordering. Shame the subframe and body are falling apart. I can go for months without needing to add oil. Gotta test the compression one of these days it must be near perfect, it sure isn't burning any oilicon10.gif.

Cheers,

Gareth

Hey there, I need the Drivers side, you got??? Does it have any chips out of it? Mine failed inspection because of a tint, tiny stone chip hole that allows moisture in. What do you figure shipping will cost and when can you send?

Thanks,

Gareth

Which side do you need? $30 plus shipping and I can ship you a used one in good condition as a replacement.

I will check to make sure I have a driver's side. I wouldn't send you one that had a chip in it. They cost enough at Pull a Part to keep me from pulling any that aren't pretty close to perfect. UPS shipping to NJ would likely be under $10.

Hey there, I need the Drivers side, you got??? Does it have any chips out of it? Mine failed inspection because of a tint, tiny stone chip hole that allows moisture in. What do you figure shipping will cost and when can you send?

Thanks,

Gareth

I saw Sealed beam units available in the 13-14 dollar range. Wouldn't one of these work rather than going OEM??

Cheers,

Gareth

I will check to make sure I have a driver's side. I wouldn't send you one that had a chip in it. They cost enough at Pull a Part to keep me from pulling any that aren't pretty close to perfect. UPS shipping to NJ would likely be under $10.

I saw Sealed beam units available in the 13-14 dollar range. Wouldn't one of these work rather than going OEM??

Cheers,

Gareth

I've never seen sealed beam conversions that fit. But do you have the quad rectangular headlamps or the composite (two large headlamps) style on your wagon? If you have a DL with the quad headlamps, go for the sealed beam units; I thought you were looking for the composite type. Also, I only have two composite lamps in my "inventory"--both are for the passenger side.