Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1 hour ago, Stelcom66 said:

I think the new Chevy Trailblazer has a 3 cylinder turbo. 

Congrats on the 2019 Outback. I like the green color they came in. If I won the lottery, I'd definitely consider the latest gen Outback.

Ive been taking care of a bed bound parent and my own struggles that keep me home, thats the only way I could afford one :)

All "switches" are gone. Don't worry though, the rear gate has now become the battery killer switch.

Posted HERE

Campers and tailgaters have discovered that system readiness of the hatch motor quickly drains the battery, especially troublesome if you are camping in remote areas.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/tailgate-open-battery-drain.517663/

There are various solutions using a caribiner to trick the lock mechanism.

Seems like there should be a software upgrade but according to the Grand Wizard of Volt (member Rampage) the circuitry is fairly complicated.

Edited by brus brother
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, brus brother said:

Seems like there should be a software upgrade but according to the Grand Wizard of Volt (member Rampage) the circuitry is fairly complicated.

I'm not quite that good, but thanks.

When I have time I will look into the rear hatch/battery drain thing. The easiest thing so far, is the lock trick.

Right now, for some reason, I am real busy with computers for business and police.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I'm not quite that good, but thanks.

When I have time I will look into the rear hatch/battery drain thing. The easiest thing so far, is the lock trick.

Right now, for some reason, I am real busy with computers for business and police.

OK, the Medium Wizard of Volt then :)

Appreciate your input. You would think SOA could at least warn about the gotcha.

Edited by brus brother
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, brus brother said:

All "switches" are gone. Don't worry though, the rear gate has now become the battery killer switch.

Posted HERE

Campers and tailgaters have discovered that system readiness of the hatch motor quickly drains the battery, especially troublesome if you are camping in remote areas.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/tailgate-open-battery-drain.517663/

There are various solutions using a caribiner to trick the lock mechanism.

Must add this to my tool kit.