Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I do think I figured it out however when I shut the car off and connect the pins into the diagnostic port and then turn the car back on the ABS code cleared every time I shut the car off and turn the car back on the light is off and then it randomly comes back on while I'm driving can I plug that diagnostic port in with the vehicle running and still get the code

ah i got it now. only put one wire in the bottom right not both wires bottom right and bottom left. im getting 23 26 and 56 this all started at the same time so i cleared it and am going to re check it next time the light comes on and hope its only one code by then.

6 hours ago, sirtokesalot said:

a i cleared it and am going to re check it next time the light comes on and hope its only one code by then.

awesome - good plan.  let us know.   

was any work done in the last year or so that may have rendered an ABS plug not fully seated?   or any work that may have damaged an ABS sensor or ABS wiring?  suspension, brakes?

are there any other running or driving issues?  it's not impossible for other issues to confuse the ABS. 

2 hours ago, lmdew said:

Good Plan.  26 R Rear, might be worth looking at that sensor.

sensors are the only ABS failures to trigger the light that i've run across.  one with 1/2" of build up or grit stuck to it - blew it off with compressed air and was good to go. 

9 hours ago, idosubaru said:

awesome - good plan.  let us know.   

was any work done in the last year or so that may have rendered an ABS plug not fully seated?   or any work that may have damaged an ABS sensor or ABS wiring?  suspension, brakes?

are there any other running or driving issues?  it's not impossible for other issues to confuse the ABS. 

sensors are the only ABS failures to trigger the light that i've run across.  one with 1/2" of build up or grit stuck to it - blew it off with compressed air and was good to go. 

actually yes. it all started after i changed all 4 rotors and pads. but i had taken it off roading prior to that as well and power washed the under side of the car before i did the brakes to wash the mud off. so im not sure if i caused it by changing the brakes or if i caused it by power washing the bottom of the car. i did not have any abs issues after off roading and before i washed the under side of the car / changed the brakes.

14 hours ago, sirtokesalot said:

actually yes. it all started after i changed all 4 rotors and pads. but i had taken it off roading prior to that as well and power washed the under side of the car before i did the brakes 

Okay I wonder if you should look for disconnected sensor or damage. Broken/exposed wire, connections wet, check continuity/resistance.