Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1983 Subaru Black Diamond #83/100

In late 1982 the Rocky Mountain Subaru dealers came out with the 1983 Subaru black diamond edition. It was fully loaded. There were 100 cars made. I purchased the 83rd of 100 cars available from Fogel GMC/Subaru in Loveland, Co.. In February 1983, the Subaru dealer in Fort Collins called me and they had number one but they used it for a demo and it had 3000 miles on it so I passed. The last time I saw number one was in a junkyard in Greeley Colorado in 1994. 
 I drove this car 120,000 miles and sold in to my best friend who recommended I buy it. It has been restored and now has 375,000 miles on it. They were all black with a gray interior. This car was a snowmobile until the snowfall reached 7 inches.  He’s considering selling it and I thought I’d ask if anybody here have an idea of what he could get for it. It has been restored and rebuilt. The first picture is from 1986, the second pic is from 2018. Thanks for your help!

9A3CAFF1-4B14-4D97-A2C9-791854B0EF75.jpeg

1C18DBE6-B83F-4C4C-A386-B0EDD1F3724D.jpeg

Assuming clear title, no accidents, no rust, original paint - $4k-$7.     I haven't seen people clamoring for special edition EA81 wagons.  True - there aren't many examples but the few that exist like the ski team edition, or rare coupes don't seem to outperform low mileage, original paint and other typical old Subaru collector highlights. 

He restored the car so it’s not original. The engine and transmission were rebuilt and with paint he has a lot of money invested in it. It’s never been wrecked and has clear title. It’s nice but not perfect. He can’t go anywhere without talking to strangers about it. It’s a head turner. Thanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...