Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 part cat. help...Moosens?

When those who hold part cats for the EA81 body have time. I am curious if the front lower control arm bush part number is the same for the rear semi-trailing arm bush - the inner arm, inner, forward most bush, where it bolts to the tubular cross member - specifically say 1984 4x4......thanks. If anyone has an e-copy of the parts manual, I would love a copy 

6211 08170 for the front for the control arm pivot. 

7210 47000 for the rear INNER 

Outer has two part numbers 

7210 47070 and 7210 58060 the latter appears to be for the models the former does not cover. You copy that ? So the latter applies to Brat and wagons as best as I can tell. 

• Thanks 1

Great work Moosens, thank you, and I copy on that supercession, or just for the later models was wondering if they were the same part number for the rear inner and front LCA inner (as if there was an outer on the front ! sheesh ! )

Here in Australia we have peeps using the after market poly bush kits to do the inner rear, hitting a few speed bumps as one company name listed a kit that fits two generations EA81 and EA82, but actual product packaging says L Series - bushes, crush tubes, bolt holes all the beefed up L Series EA82 sizes.

Those who use the front control arm kits have not mentioned any little mods to do to make fit Silent ones aren't they ?!

Original crush tube length 55.98 mm . Assemble a front kit, the bushes don't butt up internally by about 3mm, and finished bush length ends up 58.80mm. 

58.80 mm aint gonna fit easily into 55.98 mm. I also want to see the crush tube longer than the bush total.

The poly bush halves have a flange length of 4-5mm . Another brand name , now owned by same company as the other, does flange lengths ( I would call it a width too myself ) down to as small as 2.00 mm so this is the path I am going to attempt to go down. A jig to hold the bush closer to the blade than my fingers dare go and put them through the timber cutting drop saw