Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am interested in installing a starter for my 2017 outback.  I have been looking to get a back up fob for my keyless start car but realized if I have a remote starter put in I'll end up with at least two keys anyway.  I have looked into starters but what I have found says they only work with traditional key ignition locks.  

Are there any suggestions for the good products to get that include installation?  I don't really want to ask the local Subaru dealer sense I figure those will be more expensive. 

I appreciate all suggestions. 

Thank you! 

Craig 

You fundamentally don't understand how any of this works. 

You just need to have a remote start system installed that works with a '17 Outback. Any stereo shop should be able to do this for you. 

The "starter" doesn't change for a remote start system - that's just additional electrical and wireless transmission systems that activate the existing starter once all the proper interlocks are satisfied. 

GD

10 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

You fundamentally don't understand how any of this works. 

You just need to have a remote start system installed that works with a '17 Outback. Any stereo shop should be able to do this for you. 

The "starter" doesn't change for a remote start system - that's just additional electrical and wireless transmission systems that activate the existing starter once all the proper interlocks are satisfied. 

GD

Thanks,  I don't really think the 'starter' needs to be replaced per se but that I want to install a remote starter for my car.  The kind that is helpful in cold weather situations. With the little bit of looking around I have done I have seen this>> 'for vehicles with traditional keyed ignition only. '  Yet I figure if I go to any stereo show as mentioned it could be done.  I have read a lot about Best Buy doing this also. 

The options on this page look fine to me.  https://www.subarupartspros.com/part/remote-start.html  Maybe contacting the dealer isn't a bad idea. 

Thanks,  Cd