Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Timing Advance for Power - XT6 (ER27)

It's been many years since I've advanced my XT6's ignition timing.    Did a FWD with cams and my current AWD with stock cams.   Tested on the dyno and remember going as far as 10 degrees advanced on 93 octane.  Gained 5whp up top and about 10whp in the midrange with a nice midrange torque boost (which is what I'm about...midrange torque on this car).   

Just had a shop change out the spark plugs, wires and disty.   How far have you folks advanced your ignition timing for power?  

On 3/7/2022 at 1:42 AM, Myxalplyx said:

It's been many years since I've advanced my XT6's ignition timing.    Did a FWD with cams and my current AWD with stock cams.   Tested on the dyno and remember going as far as 10 degrees advanced on 93 octane.  Gained 5whp up top and about 10whp in the midrange with a nice midrange torque boost (which is what I'm about...midrange torque on this car).   

Just had a shop change out the spark plugs, wires and disty.   How far have you folks advanced your ignition timing for power?  

Hey buddy!  I can't answer your question but it's good to see you again and hear the XT6 getting some tune up.  I run stock, I'm too gutless to play with timing, it sounds mystical to me! I changed my username, but this is Gary. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, idosubaru said:

Hey buddy!  I can't answer your question but it's good to see you again and hear the XT6 getting some tune up.  I run stock, I'm too gutless to play with timing, it sounds mystical to me! I changed my username, but this is Gary. 

Omg...GARY!   What's up Hotdog?   :D:P  Long time my brotha!  Glad to see you still around.     Thanks for the post!  Huck posted in Facebook and said he had his at 11 degrees.  I'll be having it set back at +10 degrees advance next week.    I miss the instant throttle response and midrange torque.  I like my XT6 being a little exaggerated.  :)

Edited by Myxalplyx