Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power steering rack unstoppable leak.

is there some trick i dont know to getting the dam lines on the rack to seal? i noticed a small drip the other day coming from one of the 2 lines that cross over the rack from right to left side wish i never touched it now. tried to tighten it when i noticed it leak got worst changed the o-ring leak got even worst tried teflon tape leak slowed down but dident stop replaced o-ring again leak became a stream not a drip tried using a thick rubber washer intead of the o-ring still gushed out put an o-ring back in it and still streaming out. i cant stop this leak ive dumped at least 4 quarts of fluid in this dam car over the last week and been attempting to try repairs almost every night with no luck. i actually debated welding the dam line into the rack for a moment but figured that wouldent work well and talked myself out of it. is there any kinda way to force the dam thing to seal up?

They are very easy to crossthread.  Loosen or remove the small bracket between the lines.  The B-Nut should thread on by hand a good way.

If you need lines let me know, I have some.  What year and model are you working on?