Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about Vapor Canister Lines

After having done a Weber conversion for my ‘82 Brat, there is a vapor canister located in the front of the engine bay driver’s side with four lines coming off of it. I was able to cap off three of the lines that once went to the old carburetor, but there’s a fourth line that appears to go into the firewall right near the fuel filter that’s underneath the hood. Does anybody know what this line is/does and if it’s safe for me to delete? 

did you hook up PCV hoses to a standard air filter casing seen on Weber conversions? I have always hated the way the filter element inner rib seal loses it's seal to make way for a 10/mm inlet ID right under the corner that seems to be blocked by about 50%. An absolute pet hate- sorry. I tossed a redline fitting due to its wear and tear over the decades, filter and plates will be next. Got a Pierce style or original cast, finned plenum to do remote filter. Comes with a bigger filter mounting area so not a pain to get PCV in if going in at this point. I will likely feed in at remote air filter box.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 12:17 AM, Steptoe's photos said:

did you hook up PCV hoses to a standard air filter casing seen on Weber conversions? I have always hated the way the filter element inner rib seal loses it's seal to make way for a 10/mm inlet ID right under the corner that seems to be blocked by about 50%. An absolute pet hate- sorry. I tossed a redline fitting due to its wear and tear over the decades, filter and plates will be next. Got a Pierce style or original cast, finned plenum to do remote filter. Comes with a bigger filter mounting area so not a pain to get PCV in if going in at this point. I will likely feed in at remote air filter box.

Hey! My apologies for such a delayed response. Life has been super busy and haven't been able to browse the forums much as of recent. But yes I did hook up the PCV hoses to the air filter that came with my Weber kit. I used a plastic tee-pipe fitting to route bouth lines into the air filter. Luckily I haven't had any kind of major problems with seals related to the air filter going bad. I will be doing an EJ conversion in the near future so the air filter won't be a potential problem for much longer.