Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oldschool 60's subie van

i just got back from the Pomona car show and i saw a guy driving around a little subie van. It said 68 maybe on the for-sale sign but i think he wanted like 10 G's for it. Anyone got one of these little 2 -cyl vans? it looked like a little vw westfalia and was painted all crazy. Anyone else at pomona see this little toy car. There was also a dude driving around an awesome little honda 600cc chopped up go-kart looking thing. He said it had a motorcycle engine in it. bitchin' little rides.

I used to own one.. the one I had was a 69 or 70 (dont remember the actual prod. date..) but it was yellow with red bumpers, and had purple/blue/white flames on it!... i am sooo looking for my old one, wish I had never let my dad sell it, it was soo close to drivable!

THere's one here in CT."WagonsOnly owns it and hopefully it'll be running someday soon,on batteries,not petro.

We also had someone from Ohio drop one off at the Carlisle show that a group of board members attended.The owner wasn't one of us and as far as I know it was dropped off Friday early and picked up Sunday...maybe the others know more or actually met the owner.

I believe the vans are the most rare and even if they weren't they are probably the most desirable.I know I want one.

THere was one on the road right near me untill a few years ago.It was last in Stratford,CT,but none of the people I know who have seen it before have seen it lately......a confusing sentence but i think you get the point.

Getting to be more New Englanders here.It's about freakin time!