Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P0420 - Replaced Cat and 02 sesnor, this thing won't go away.

7 minutes ago, brus brother said:

Thanks for the link!  I'm fairly positive Delaware says all monitors have to be ready, but at least I can try!

https://www.dmv.de.gov/VehicleServices/faqs/index.shtml?dc=ve_faqs_obdi#:~:text=A%3A On-Board Diagnostic systems,repair technicians and our environment.

but then I see this from reddit r/Delaware/comments/xcwymw/delaware_dmv_question_readiness_monitors/

Edited by phyregold

7 hours ago, idosubaru said:

What was the final work/results that got it to pass?  Did you leave the spacer or take it out?

I left the spacer in, I also did about 160 miles at 80mph.  The spacer I was using (a generic from Autozone) never seemed to get enough airflow to become ready. I drove for 3 weeks and even did the whole 55mph slow to 10 thing which worked 100% of the time without the spacer.

So I left the spacer on, but i really had to go a long distance at a higher speed for it to come ready.

10 hours ago, brus brother said:

Did Evap eventually become ready?

Hopefully all stays good and it's not just coincidence.

It's like the outcome of a rain dance. Sometimes you get lucky and rain is in the clouds, other times you can dance all you want and come up dry.

Evap still not ready