Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sway bar links and sway bar don't line up

I just fitted a 22mm whiteline front Sway bar and endlinks and to my untrained eye the different angle between the link and bar looks terrible (it's the same on both sides). The car also has lowering springs which of course make the angle worse. Is it going to be an issue? Surely it will wear the bushes out considerably faster at the very least?

20240104_130352.jpg

Angle looks bad.  Get some more washers on the upper bolt to space it back in line.  you might need a longer upper bolt.  I did something like this when I still had the narrow wagon swaybar with the wider sedan control arms.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:11 PM, nvu said:

Angle looks bad.  Get some more washers on the upper bolt to space it back in line.  you might need a longer upper bolt.  I did something like this when I still had the narrow wagon swaybar with the wider sedan control arms.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but it wouldn't totally fix the issue

1 hour ago, ronemus said:

You'd do better with links using pillow balls, for example Whiteline's.

It would seem so but these should work since whiteline make this bar and links for this car. Seems they've got their measurements wrong?

17 hours ago, Raynman1989 said:

It would seem so but these should work since whiteline make this bar and links for this car. Seems they've got their measurements wrong?

Or that sway bar is designed for a Subaru that’s been lowered. 

1 hour ago, Raynman1989 said:

She's got lowered springs fitted.

They don’t look very lowered judging by the control arm in the pic you provided - assuming this is sitting on the ground and not jacked up in the air. If that is a pic of it jacked up with the wheel in the air can you post a pic of the car sitting on the ground the way it usually would?

What model Subaru are we talking here and what springs are fitted? 

Cheers 

Bennie

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, el_freddo said:

They don’t look very lowered judging by the control arm in the pic you provided - assuming this is sitting on the ground and not jacked up in the air. If that is a pic of it jacked up with the wheel in the air can you post a pic of the car sitting on the ground the way it usually would?

What model Subaru are we talking here and what springs are fitted? 

Cheers 

Bennie

That's with it sitting on the ground. It's got kings lowered springs and it's 1996 liberty wagon.

It doesn't look lowered because of the angle I took the pic on. 

Edited by Raynman1989