Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You guys got all the cool colours over there! We got white, red, beige and a silver one that I believe was a limited run. 

Also interesting to see you have a bumper mounted side indicator rather than having it in the front guards/fenders. All of ours are in the guards. 

Very tidy looking unit! I love that desert fox decal down the side. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moosens said:

Awe geez you found your way into the great USMB. 

Get your ticket for the WBM yet ? 

Welcome or welcome back whichever may apply. 

Car looks great! 

Of course buddy!!!  Hoping to see you there, maybe we can get Andrew to come this year.

4 hours ago, el_freddo said:

You guys got all the cool colours over there! We got white, red, beige and a silver one that I believe was a limited run. 

Also interesting to see you have a bumper mounted side indicator rather than having it in the front guards/fenders. All of ours are in the guards. 

Very tidy looking unit! I love that desert fox decal down the side. 

Cheers 

Bennie

Thanks bud.  Harold was pretty clean when we picked him up in 2022, but you know how car guys are, we had to bring him up to the next level.  We had heaps of help from a lot of really good people along the way.  I had folks from all over the world send us parts, the fellow who helped with the paint and body work was a real legend, and the guy who reproduced the graphics was amazing.  Believe it or not, the hardest bit to find here in the states was a matching set of front factory mud flaps.  The Subaru color was number 243, "Cosmic Blue", and the closest match after 40 years of paint fade from being in the high desert was actually a late 1990's Volvo color.  Our paint guy spent many hours tweaking it, so it matched from every angle.  I had no idea, the "flop" as it is called (the shimmer from the metal flake) looks different on different parts of the car, and in different light.  Part science, part art, and part voodoo.  I'm pretty handy with a wrench, but there are two things that I'm afraid of... one is body work, and the other is automatic transmissions.  Thankfully Harold is a four speed manual, and the only bit of electronics is the silly digital clock mounted in the dash.  I appreciate the kind words.

• Like 1