Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leroy Brown isn't dead.. but I am

I get lucky every other week and get to read up on goings on here. However I haven't been so lucky with the car.

I have been working 70 hour work weeks for nearly 3 months now. I have worked exactly 27 minutes on the car.

Just wanted to touch base with the Subaru world to let you know that I am still going.

Actually I have worked a bit here and there and have nearly completed the floor pan and fire wall installation. I designed the pedal assembly and am ready to build it. I also started stripping it all down from the fire wall forward. I want to check welds, sand-blast and grind, and take off as many sharp pokies as I can before moving onto paint and final assembly and eventual running it, wrecking it and starting the whole damn process over.

I have a few hundred pictures in un-developed film to process and post at the sight.

Real bad news and real good news.

My neighbors are these great older folks. The husband has been losing his fight with cancer in his spinal cord. I have been looking out for their house, watching out for strangers and the like, and helping out as I can with my work schedule. Anyway, their daughter asked me if I wanted his 6 foot metal lathe with milling attachment for 50 bucks. Said I was a nice nieghbor and that they wanted me to have it.

I hate the reason they offered it. This guy was 85 when I met him crawling around under his car installing a crane in the trunk for his wifes elctrobuggy. He never had a bit of slow in him until recently.

I hope to do him proud by using the hell out of it.

I hope I can be as busy as he is when I'm 85.

The circumstances suck, but a 6 FOOT METAL LATHE AND MILL FOR ONLY $50, that thing must weight a ton or two, and for only. Is that a 6 foot bed or is that the total length of the lathe? I would love to have that, then I could start improving things that I see need improvement on my cars.

Can hardly wait to see the pictures of the process, I wish that I would have taken more picture of teh progress of my last project, but if I did, it would probabaly still not be done.

• 4 months later...