Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where the Heck is my Horn

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I can not find my horn on my 1988 RX. I went to change it out today but couldn't locate it. I believe there is supposed to be a 'high' and 'low' horn (at least it looks this way in the FSM). I looked in the engine bay and couldn't find it. I expected it to be in front or near the radiator. The FSM doesn't show its location (or their locations).

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Kevin, there are two horns behind the bumper ends.

the easiest way to get to them is remove the headlamp assm. (four 10 mm nuts behind the core support, one sheet metal screw on top for the side marker lamp)

pass side is easiest if you just want to get to the wiring in order to add an aux horn.

congrats on the RX by the way - you're welcome

the easiest way to get to them is remove the headlamp assm. (four 10 mm nuts behind the core support, one sheet metal screw on top for the side marker lamp)

pass side is easiest if you just want to get to the wiring in order to add an aux horn.

Thank you Skip! This is exactly the info I needed. :drunk: And thanks for the congrats!

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

Is it easy to find. My horn is making a buzzing sound when I press it. What exactly does it look like behind the headlight. All I see is a bunch of wiring.

Eddie