Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Found My Future Subaru

Guest Machine Age Victim

Guest Machine Age Victim

I was driving through the industrial park near my work when I saw it..... a '97 Impreza outback (after the music stopped) I got out and took a look at it, very nice, 40k miles, AWD, 2.2L. So I asked the dealer and he said $8900, which would be no problem to get a loan for cause the book is $12k. So should I do it?

Guest Subaroo Bratboy

You only live once, plus the fact I DARE YOU !!!!!!!

Ive got a 32k(NEW) jeep cherokee setting in my driveway,but i still drive my Brat and Hatchback more..

Guest 86BRATMAN

Go for it man, that car is worth it. Is it a 5sp or automatic? I just bought a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse for $11,000, i'm lovin it. The OBS's are a helluva nice car my friends wife has one and she loves it. GOOD LUCK!

Come on MAV. Think about it, no more putzin w/ it. What-da ya gonna do for excitment-change your aircleaner--spark plugs?? Bout all you can do to a car that new- no rack on the ruff-must see 100 of em each week-how many do you see of your hatch? Can't goof off- goutta make that payment. Besides the increase in ins. payments. 2.2 whimp motor not even the 2.5 !! We're zoomin now-Yeee-how-not!!!!

Look man start puttin the sheckles away, sell the domestic bomb--- go down to Subaru and put money down on the Impeza Turbo comin in the Spring- payments won't be that much more (spread-em out).

You'll be alot happier with the bad-rump roast zoom coupled with the bad rump roast look.

The pure antisapation of waitin for the NEW ride will be worth all the OB's in Fla.

Note this is simply a devils advocates position since everyone else said "Do it" and comes without batteries incl.

Guest Subaru Junkie

For $8,900 you really cant go wrong. These are caars that retail for close to $17K. Even used here they are at least $12-$13K.

All of the O/B Sports have the WRX hood, but they also have a plastic barrier that is mounted inside that makes the scoop almost usless. never said you cant make it usefull though.

You will be Pleasantly suprised with the increase of performance over your HB.

You could always increase performance too by adding a turbo and other mod's.

I say... DO IT!

-brian

Guest Machine Age Victim

yeah well, the payments are going to be killer but in 3 years I'll own it. and still only have 80k miles on it. Oh and uh skip :¬) apparently you didn't read the title of this post, theres no way about it, I'm fooling myself if I'm not going to do everything in my power to get it, but thank you for bringing up some issues that could have otherwise be overlooked. and I'm still keeping the hatch (maybe the wife will let me drive the impreza everyonce and a while) So the point? Anyone looking to buy a '93 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe, Loaded, $5000?

• 8 years later...
yeah well, the payments are going to be killer but in 3 years I'll own it. and still only have 80k miles on it. Oh and uh skip :¬) apparently you didn't read the title of this post, theres no way about it, I'm fooling myself if I'm not going to do everything in my power to get it, but thank you for bringing up some issues that could have otherwise be overlooked. and I'm still keeping the hatch (maybe the wife will let me drive the impreza everyonce and a while) So the point? Anyone looking to buy a '93 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe, Loaded, $5000?

so.. did you buy it?

It may be worth the money but it sounds like a high price nonetheless. You're talking about an 11 year old car for $8900. That's a lot! In 2 years with an additional 20k miles on it, what will you be able to sell it for? $4500 maybe? My friend just bought an beautiful 04 impreza TS with 50k miles for $9900 at a dealer.I love my 96 impreza outback w/180k miles. I've got about $1600 total in it.

P2230001a.jpg

whoops - just realized how old this thread was!!!!!!!!!!!!