Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea-82t, water pump

1986, gl-10, digi-dash, 5spd, ea-82t.

while i'm under the hood, is it better to pull the radiator to swap out the water pump or is it better to leave it all in and pull from the top? sorry, for the lame question, had to come up with something to cover my redundant electrical post that i coud not remove.

thanks in advance.

j.sz.

It sounds like the alternator is bad, sometimes the testers arent used correctly(I never trust Schucks). I would replace it with a rebuilt or new(if you can afford new).

Edit, John, you got me all screwed up! I read the post agian and thought- Now where did my reply go? :lol: And I reposted too :drunk:

You can leave the rad in, just remove the fan and stuff in the way. Belt covers will have to come off unfortunatly.

hmmm, had a post about an electrical issue but appears as if i'm a little rusty posting these days and i must have deleted it by mistake. thanks rob for the quick reply. so, you think the car running, then charge light coming on and staying on under rpms of less3500, and then lights dimming, car dying, indicates bad alternator? with having installed a new battery, cleaned connections and all that other stuff, even having the alternator load tested, which it had passed just 2 weeks ago, i was thinking the problem was elsewhere.

i'll get a new alternator and see how that goes. seems an easy enough to do.