Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator ???? t-coupe

Well my kid just called me yesterday crying amout how she rear ended a car in the T-coupe :( , she's okay, my daughter that is, but the T-coupe didn't fair it as well. My buddy back home looked at it said it is not too bad but radiator has hole, what radiators will work, do they all interchange?

her car 84 t-coupe 3at 4wd.

The rad has to be for an auto and from a EA81. A 2 row would be nice if your going to buy new. Sorry to hear about the T-Coupe :( Glad your kid is ok.

Just thought about it for a sec. You can use any EA81 rad, you will have to install a remote tranny cooler tho. Which really isnt a bad idea. Mine had one.

Andrew says that if you buy an aftermarket radiator for it, 90% of them come with a tranny cooler in them already and they run about 80 bucks and you have the insurance that it won't overheat due to a bad radiator since it will have a new radiator in it. if you can't do that, my suggestion would be to get a regular manual radiator and put an external tranny cooler in the car:D