Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't need no stinking TWE header!!!!

basically the time and $ might not be present to beable to put into the production of them....that and making a JIG that will work with ALL EA82T cars...AND the cost of a welder that will do the job day in and day out...pipe bender(mandrel)...etc etc....

it adds up. Basically, if we had a source for proper piping, I could make the headers/downpipes here at Top Speed...but, at the final cost, no one would buy them really...

thats why Folgers still has so many left...and why I have 3 of them.

i nearly forgot about this thread. yeah, i had got the rx on the road, the first engine blew a piston and the second blew head gaskets, i just got it running again last week, now i need to get it inspected and reregistered.

once agian, i am looking at trying to get ahold of a new header for the rx, maybe one that i i could have an interchangeable inlet for the turbos. same thing with the down pipe. that way i could run the stocker till im ready to run the td04... that and i wont have to get a new header when i swap the turbo.

The header/up-pipe is working very well. boost comers on a bit latter than stock but at the higher revs, it pulls like crazy. If I did it over again the primaries will be smaller but for now, a huge improvement.

In terms of building them, it would take an order of 10 or so to make it worth while. I have a Tig welder and access to sweet bends but still, it's quite a bit of work (even with a jig). I wouldn't even want to speculate how much they'd cost, especially in stainless.....

garner