Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How'd that get in there???

Well on my new Subie, I've been having problems with getting it to idle correclt. the car would start and if you didn't touch the thottle it would rev up to 1500 rpm ish and then just slowly pucker out. sounded like the car was either getting sufficated or just slowing running out of fuel. You could also start the car up and hold the RPM's at 3000 rpm but it would slowly do the same thing if you didn't keep feathering the gas peddle. Also no engine codes where showing up. Well I finally figured it out!

I pulled out the book and started checking the MAF. Well it wasn't coming out to what the book said it should have spec wise so I removed the MAF from the car and I found a weed seed stuck in the little passage under the MAF. YES thats right a weed seed. You know those weeds that you blow on and make a wish as a kid... well one of those was stuck in there...... So I pulled that out and it car ran fine! (except how the lifters are rattling but thats another issue to deal with)

Whoohoo! So that is probably one of the stranger things that has happened to any of my vehilces..... funny how suck a simple think and really screw things up.