Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pug wheels : could i get some help

Richard, I'm out right now, but if I find another set, I'll try to keep you in mind. Feel free to send me a PM if you still don't have a set and don't get a response from anyone else in the next month or so. ---Ed---

i'm looking for oval slot 14" steel pug wheels

i belive the 5.5j14 or 5j14

like these

pug505-14s.jpg

any one know of some? i live in rochester mn I'am willing to pay for shipping, it would be cool if they didn't have tires on at time of shipping...

Thanks,

Richard

Richard, I'm out right now, but if I find another set, I'll try to keep you in mind. Feel free to send me a PM if you still don't have a set and don't get a response from anyone else in the next month or so. ---Ed---

thanks,

and a question, what is the diffrence between the 505's wheels and the 504 wheels????

thanks and i'll be in touch

Richard

the early 504's use a special lug nut that had a oval shaped centering washer. the holes in the rim weren't tapered. the centering washer wedged between the center hole and the middle raised portion of the wheel to "center" itself. not sure if the later 504's did the same thing.

here's the difference. if the rim looks like the 504 in this pic, you HAVE to use the special nuts or fab some of them up....

pugdiffs.jpg