Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here I sit, broken hearted, my CV shaft has now departed..

And other nursery rhymes.

After the romp in Ocala, I knew that the axle with the torn boot wouldnt last long. It didnt even last the trip back to the motel. As I pulled in to park, I noted the loud cracking and popping had now replaced the low growl that it had been making when I travel in a straight line.

Since I'm in Ocala, I called up CVO to buy a new pair of axles and limp home. Turns out they are currently out of stock with Brat axles, but they can reman mine and have it back to me in about an hour if I can bring it to them. So I slowly drove across town to CVO, and bagan the joyous process of axleshaft removal right there in their parking low. Man.. what a bitch that was. Only took me an hour, and a couple big hammers I borrowed from CVO. :D

So now I sit, in the Brat, in the parking lot of Constant Velocity of Ocala, on the laptop online through my SprintPCS phone.. as I wait for Mr. Kevin to rebuild my axle.

I should be done and on my way here in just a lil bit.. but I figured I'd post up and share my experiences.

These people at CVO are the best. Yall need to send them some more business. :)

cv001.jpg

cv003.jpg

A little late now; but next time mabye. Pull the front 2 axles and drive home in RWD :-p
But what about the stubs that go through the hub? The front doesnt have a second roll pin on the outer side like the rear does it?

Under ideal conditions, if I could've done it, thats what I would've done. I'd just as soon had him rebuild both front axles, and pop em in when I got home.