Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lifted ea82?

If this is the wrong forum i apologize. if i lift my loyale how will that affect it as a daily driver? should i not use it as a daily driver? just wanting some feedback. thanks.

The first thing that comes to mind is that it's going to wear your tires a bit faster. I don't have an ea82 but on my hatch the struts would hit on the inside of the fender wells when I turned the wheels at first. A couple smacks from a BFH fixed that. There are a lot of people using lifted rigs as daily drivers on the board, I say go for it. :D

Two things come to mind:

1. You have a greater tendency to be late to places as you notice a great place to pull off the road and rip it up for a bit, and

2. You get some really awesome looks and thumbs up from other drivers.

Wind resistance is a bit more, so gas mileage is abit less, but you can offset that by putting larger wheels/tires on.

i have a 87 gl wagon with lift kit and 27 inch tires. [225/70r14.]

i have put about 15,000 miles on it over the last year driving back and forth to work.[100 mile round trip]

i would just be careful that you do not use too large of tires if you want freeway responsiveness. in hindsight i would have went with a slighly narrower tire.[205/70r14]

my car has a 5 speed, that is just my personal preferance. to me there is no drawback to driving a lifted soob daily.