Ultimate Subaru Message Board

differance between GL and GL-10

From under the hood everything looks like a newer GL or an older Loyale. FI would be the only big difference; 85 GL-10- MPFI or Turbo, I don't know the options for the 84 though. I even believe they have the same wiring harness. Inside as was said already, digi dash, power everything, and things is a bit better looking. As few mix and matching parts I have been getto rigging parts from a 90 Loyale into my GL-10 MPFI.

Sorry, Posted my message under friends log in. My 1896 gl I guess would be considered a 3-door being that it only has three doors. (one being a hatch). I am not posative that the 84 wagon is a gl-10 but as far as I can tell there is ton's of extra stuff packed under the hood, and it has all the power options. It is not printed on the body of the car anywhere. (I haven't checked the door pannel of under the hood) Which brings me to my question of how do you know for sure? I looks like possible a caborated enginge, But I havent torn into it yet to really find out.

ok sorry i misread, yes thes cars are both ea81's. everything physically will fit or change out other than the doors and hatch.

the gl-10 has the velvet interior and is somewhat checker pattern. does it have a sunroof?

the gl-10 is probably 2wd 5spd, what does the hatch have? the drivelines are interchangeable from 2wd to 4wd.

Your right, I is fwd, 5-speed. Power everything, sunroof, and indeed kinda plaid checkered seat pattern. It's in perfect condition (minus speratic, radom smokeing problem-pcv valve) so I kinda reluctant to disect it. The hatch on the other hand is a 86 with 5-speed d/r 4-wheel action. The hatch will get a lift and 31X12X15 TRUE boggers on it. The hatch right now is minus a enging, so the question I have for myself now is what route should I go on sticking one in?

thanx for the info man, subbys rule.