Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best cheap muffler?

Anyone run the dynomax turbo muffler?? I hear alot about the cherry bomb, but i heard it once on a old school 280z and it sounded alot worse then it should have. Im looking for a mix between a Flowmaster and a Ricer muffler. Not the full V8 sound, but something mixed between the two. Also, who has a aftermarket hooked up to there stock piping?

go for the cherrybomb turbo 2 muffler and find a tip you like. have your local exhaust shop weld the tip to the muffler outlet and then bolt it up to your car.

ps, make sure you make measurements and check the angles needed before you get it welded.

this is waht i have under my rx, painted flat black, looks and sounds hot.

The best muffler I ever had (bang for the buck) was a Magnaflow XL stainless I got off eBay for $59 shipped to my door. I had it on the Integra I ran in autox last year and I was very impressed with the sound I got out of it. I had a custom 2.25" catback with a 24" resonator and that mufller which resulted in a sound just a bit louder than stock with a nice throaty "growl" quality to it. I am going to use the same muffler on the XT6 when I get it ready for the autox this year.

Just do a search on eBay for Magnaflow XL and find an application to suit your needs. They even come with tips pre-installed for a few more dollars if you are interested.

Right now I have a Topspeed Pro1 canister muffler(2-1/4" straight through) along with a 16" resonator. It sounds real good and doesn't have that nasty raspy sound that most canister mufflers have, but best of all, you can really hear that unique sound that is associated with the boxer engines.

Anyone run the dynomax turbo muffler?? I hear alot about the cherry bomb, but i heard it once on a old school 280z and it sounded alot worse then it should have. Im looking for a mix between a Flowmaster and a Ricer muffler. Not the full V8 sound, but something mixed between the two. Also, who has a aftermarket hooked up to there stock piping?
I think the Dynomax Turbo is great sounding muffer. I ran one on my truck for many years, they flow fairly good and hold up well.