Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Rocker Panels - replace/repair

A place that handles many body parts for our vintage and earlier Roos is

Mill Supply

http://millsupply.com/

SUBARU.80.gif

Neither the website nor the catalog list everything they have so a phone call is best

Hope this helps

I called just now and checked the website. They have rockers and wheel well things (that part 54) and that's it. They have to order them, but they can get them.

Thank you so much for this link!

Yes, Mills has the rockers, and also rear wheel arches if you happen to need those.

I have used both, and would recommend going this route if you do not have access to rust-free vehicles. Mills uses OEM guage sheet metal, and they leave a generous amount of surrounding metal to attach to the vehicle. These will require a little more trimming and finish work, however.

good luck, John

Yes, Mills has the rockers, and also rear wheel arches if you happen to need those.

I have used both, and would recommend going this route if you do not have access to rust-free vehicles. Mills uses OEM guage sheet metal, and they leave a generous amount of surrounding metal to attach to the vehicle. These will require a little more trimming and finish work, however.

good luck, John

would you weld these in or rivet them? and is any one near me to do a weld job for cheap :P

would you weld these in or rivet them? and is any one near me to do a weld job for cheap :P

TS

Welding is best, but you can also do an excellent job with rivets. As long as you properly prep and seal the repair, it will hold a long time.

Any body shop can weld those panels, but most of them are snobby about doing "small jobs". The bulk of the job is finish work, and that's where the time (and $$) is.

Email me for details on riveting if you decide to go that route.

good luck, John

thealleyboy@yahoo.com

TS

Welding is best, but you can also do an excellent job with rivets. As long as you properly prep and seal the repair, it will hold a long time.

Any body shop can weld those panels, but most of them are snobby about doing "small jobs". The bulk of the job is finish work, and that's where the time (and $$) is.

Email me for details on riveting if you decide to go that route.

good luck, John

thealleyboy@yahoo.com

Thanks John for the info. I really think I may try to find someplace to do the welding for me. I hate to think I might screw it up. :) This is going to be my "pretty" car so it has to be done right, and look good. :)

Thanks John for the info. I really think I may try to find someplace to do the welding for me. I hate to think I might screw it up. :) This is going to be my "pretty" car so it has to be done right, and look good. :)

If you are interested in getting into body work, I encourage you to give riveting a shot. You may surprise yourself with the results.

If you decide to get the panels from Mills, ask for Bill @ extension 116.

good luck, John

ask miles how bad the rockers were on my hatch and how they look now.

I used parts of an ea82 rocker panel and some sheet metal, and a LOT of time with hammers and dollies, but it seems to have worked out.

I agree with alleyboy by the way, welding is the more common method, but rivets work GREAT too